Image and Recipe courtesy : Ms. Suman Prakash
cashewnuts ( fine powdered) – 2cups
blanched and peeled pistachios-
cashewnuts and rose petals –
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add fine powdered cashewnuts and cardamom powder, saffron strands and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan .
- Transfer to a plate. Mix and knead very well. Make dough.
- Divide dough into lemon sized equal portions .
- Give shape of peda by mould or by hand to each portion .
- garnish with cardamom powder ,saffron .blanched and peeled pistachios,glazed cherries , cashewnuts and rose petals.
For The Orange Rice
1 /2 cup cooked saled jeera rice
¼ cup tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp ghee
1/2 cup grated carrot
½ cup orange juice
1tsp corn starch
salt and black pepper powder to taste
For The White Rice:
½ cup cooked salted jeera rice
1/2 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp finely choppedgreen chillies
1/4 cup grated paneer
salt to taste
For The Green Rice
1/2cups cooked salted jeera rice
1/2 cup grated cucumber
1/4cup green thick coriander-mint sweet and sour chutney
Oil for greasing rice
slice of kiwi
-In a greased platter ,place a ring mould .Mix all the rice together and fiill in ring pressing lightly. Top in three equal parts like written below.
1. For the orange rice-Blend all the ingredients well except rice ,ghee and grated carrot.Heat ghee in a pan.Add the blended mixture and cook till thick stirring constantly on low heat, like coating consistency. Remove from heat, cool a little and add grated carrots. Spread on upper part of rice in ring mould.
For The White Rice¬-Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.when the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.Add paneer and salt , mix well and remove from heat.Top over rice in second part .
2. . For the green rice-Mix squeezed grated cucumber in green chutney .Top in ring for bottom part .
3. Place a slice of kiwi in the center of paneer layer .Serve.tri coloured rice .
Image and Recipe courtesy: Ms.Suman Prakash
- all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling- 2 cup
- Baking powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Unsalted Butter, softened- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Egg- 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1 Tsp
- semisweet chocolate, chopped- 1/2 cup
- In large bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until combined. Flatten into a disk and wrap in cling wrap. Chill until completely firm. Dough can be frozen up to three months.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with baking paper. Remove dough from the fridge and let stand on the counter for 5 minutes. On a lightly flour board and with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to about an eighth of an inch thick. Using a knife, cut dough into rectangles. Cut the top corners of each rectangle to make them shaped like tea bags. poke a hole in between the snipped corners of the dough using a pointed tip bject.
- Bake until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt semisweet chocolate over double boiler. Dip cookies a third way through. Set on parchment-lined cookie sheet to dry. Decorate with thread and tag, if desired.
Recipe courtesy:Martha Stewart
Makes about 24 cookies
Coconut milk- 2 ounces
Sugar -1 Tbs
Mint leaves -5 to 10
Lime-1 cut into small wedges
white rum-2 ounces
Combine the mint leaves, lime wedges, and sugar in a mixing glass, muddle for a few seconds
Mix the rum and coconut milk to it and stir it well.
Fill the glass with ice and top off with soda.