Hey folks !
It’s 6 am and the alarm clock goes a buzz….the morning routine of a mom with school going children begins with this everyday question “What’s to pack as snack?” ….And as any mom the challenge is to make it as healthy as possible. With convenience foods such as fries, burgers , noodles, cakes luring kids with its taste and ease of use – we all know that they are loaded with empty calories and do no good in the long run.
Here’s an interesting ..easy ..and healthy recipe of cake that your kids will love. I got it from the internet and would love to share it with all those moms who are pressed for time and yet would do anything to cook up a healthy snack for their children. The recipe is low in calories , it can be cooked in a jiffy in a microwave , and it contains loads of goodness from the orange crunchy Vitamin A enriched power food – CARROTS !
It’s a hit at home and makes the kids ask for more! I delve in it too with no guilt as the calories are low ! ENJOY BAKING !
Flour – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Soda Bicarbonate – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 cups
Refined sunflower oil – 1 cup
Eggs – 4
Grated carrot – 3 cups
Cinnamon – 1 tsp
Nutmeg – 1 tsp
Cloves – 1 tsp
(grind Cinnamon /Clove/Nutmeg into a coarse powder mix)
Salt to taste
• Sieve together flour baking powder & soda 2 – 3 times
• Beat the eggs slightly adding sugar
• Mix rest of ingredients one after the other
• Pour it onto a baking rectangular glass dish & bake for 15 minutes on microwave mode power 60% .
• Remove from oven. Cut into square pieces after cooling & yummy healthy carrot cake is ready to serve.
• Dust with powdered sugar (optional ; can be avoided to keep it lower in calories)
Recipe by: Sivapriya Balagopal
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/eastern.in