Image and Recipe courtesy : Ms. Suman Prakash
cashewnuts ( fine powdered) – 2cups
blanched and peeled pistachios-
cashewnuts and rose petals –
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add fine powdered cashewnuts and cardamom powder, saffron strands and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan .
- Transfer to a plate. Mix and knead very well. Make dough.
- Divide dough into lemon sized equal portions .
- Give shape of peda by mould or by hand to each portion .
- garnish with cardamom powder ,saffron .blanched and peeled pistachios,glazed cherries , cashewnuts and rose petals.