Contestant: Ritu Akash Manglik
1cup fresh dates
1/4cup powdered sugar
1/4cup chopped dry fruit of choice
1/2tsp cardamom powder
desiccated coconut to garnish .
1. Grind fresh dates the to a pulp with sugar and cardamom powder.
2. Micro on medium for 3 minutes or till water evaporates and it is dry, stirring 2 times in between.
3. Roll out with greased rolling pin on greased polythene sheet to make 6 inches disc.
4. Spreads chopped dry fruit and desiccated coconut evenly and roll the dates mixture towards you into a tube and Cut into 12-15 pieces to make chakri.
5. Serve garnished by desiccated coconut.
Note-If you do not use microwave, cook in nonstick pan till date – mixture is dry .