Contestant : Saba Rehan
For the Dough:
2 cups – plain flour
2 to 3 tbsp – milk
½ cup – sugar
2 ½ tbsp – ghee
oil for frying
For the Stuffing:
½ kg – mawa
3 tbsp – coarsely chopped cashew nuts
4 tbsp – castor sugar
5 – green cardamoms, ground
3 tbsp – raisins
1. Sift flour. Add sugar. Rub in ghee with fingertips till well mixed.
2. Add enough milk to make a fairly stiff dough.
3. Divide into ten balls and roll out on an oiled board as for puris.
4. Cut each into half and from into cones for filling.
To Make the Stuffing:
1. Moisten mawa with milk.
2. Add sugar, raisins, cashew nuts and cardamoms. Mix well.
3. Stuff samosas with filling and seal edges with a little water.
4. Deep fry samosas in hot oil till golden brown. Drain and serve.