- Chana dal (Split bengal gram/kadalaparippu) – 2 cups
Red chillies : 3-5 Nos
Ginger : 2 inch piece
Shallot : 12 Nos
Curry leaves : 2 Sprig
Salt : As needed
Coconut oil : 2cup
- Soak the dal in water for 3-4 hours. Drain the water completely. Pat dry the dal using a towel and once the water is completely removed, crush it by running it in mixie for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped Ginger, Red chillies, Shallots, salt and Curry leaves to this and mix well.
- Roll out small portions of the mixture into lime sized ball and flatten it between the palms to give it the proper shape.
- In a deep bottom frying pan pour the coconut oil and heat it. Add the prepared vadas to the hot coconut oil and Deep fry until it becomes golden brown
- serve hot with tea
Image courtesy: Ms. Suja Manoj, Kitchen corner blogspot