- Green gram (Cherupayar or Moong Dal) – 1 ½ cup
- Jaggery – 1 cup (Crushed)
- Grated coconut – 1 cups
- All purpose flour – 1½ cup
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Sugar -1 Tsp
- Water- as required
- Salt -To taste
- Oil- for frying
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Pressure cook the green gram & drain the excess water once it is cooked. Make sure that it is not overcooked.
- Melt Jaggery by adding ¼ cup water. When it melts add the grated coconut & cardamom powder, to it and mix well
- Add the cooked Green gram to this & combine well and make small balls using your hands
- Make a thick batter using the flour by mixing flour, some turmeric powder and sugar in water.
- Dip each the balls in the batter & deep fry it
Image courtesy : Ms. Suja Manoj, Kitchen Corner blogspot