sugar- half cup
boiled water-3 1/2cups
lemon juice – from 3 or 4 lemons
For Blackberry puree
Blackberries- 1 cup
water- 1 tbsp
- Before juicing the lemons, rub the skin aggressively with ½ cup of granulated sugar. This will help to release the natural oils in the lemon skin and gives a good aroma to the sugar.
- take a small bowl and combine ½ cup of boiled water with the granulated sugar mixture which is already prepared to create a simple syrup.Stir it well until the sugar has completely dissolved. Keep it aside for some time.
- Combine the remaining 3 cups of water, lemon juice and simple syrup in a pitcher. Stir it well and Place it in the refrigerator and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- While lemonade is chilling, purée the blackberries and water in a food processor until liquefied. Strain, reserving the juice and discarding the blackberry pulp.
- Add puree to lemonade and chill mixture longer if necessary. Pour it over ice and serve.