Salt ¼ tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Eastern Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Mushrooms – 6 (chopped)
Green chilies – 2(chopped)
Eastern Ginger garlic (paste) – 1 tsp
Carrot – 1 large (chopped)
Cabbage – 2 ½ cups (chopped)
Soya sauce ½ tsp
– Sieve maida with salt.
– Combine oil and knead the maida flour with water to make firm dough.
– Heat oil in a pan add onions and mushrooms.
– Sauté them two minutes till golden brown.
– Combine ginger garlic paste, cabbage, carrot and green chilli.
– Sauté the mixture for two minutes.
– Add peppe, soya sauce, salt and vinegar
– Switch off the flame.
– Make small sized balls out of the dough.
– Roll them into circular shaped puris.
– Place 1 tbsp of filling in the center of the puri.
– Make loose folds like frills from the side.
– Close the frills from all the sides.
– Combine each fold and frill in the center.
– Give the momos a flattened shape.
– Place each momo on a greased idli stand.
– Lay the idli stand on a vessel filled a cup of water.
– Steam the momos for twenty minutes over low flame.
– Serve with red hot chutney.
Red Hot Chutney Ingredients
Tomato 1 (large)
Garlic flakes 5
Red paprika 2 (large)
Eastern Kashmiri chilli powder 1 tbsp
– Cut tomatoes and red paprika into half.
– Add galic cloves, salt and kashmiri chilli powder.
– Add a liitle water if the consistency is too thick.
– Blend all the ingredients.
– Empty the chutney in a bowl.
– Serve with momos.