3 cups water
230gms carrots (scraped and cut into 2″long sticks)
11/2 tbsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp eastern redchili currypowder
1/8 th tsp each ground mace, cloves and cardamom
1/4 th cup shredded jaggery (gur)
1/3rd cup mustard oil
● Boil the water in 2-litre saucepan. Add carrots and blanch for a minute.
● Drain the water and then spread carrots on a clean cloth and sundry (or spread them on
a towel lined cookie tray and air dry in an oven (200-degree Fahrenheit) for an hour).
● In a bowl mix the mace, cloves, cardamom, salt and jaggery.
● Add the carrots and toss to mix. Transfer to a sterilized glass jar.
● Pour the mustard oil into a small saucepan and place it over a moderate heat. As soon as
oil begins to smoke remove it from the heat and cool it for 4 minutes, then pour it into the
jar and cover it with a clean cloth.
● Set the jar in sunlight for 13-14 days, bringing it indoor evrynight. Shake the jar two or
three times daily
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/eastern.in