2 cups Urad Dal (Black Lentils)
½ cup Rice
1/s tsp cracked Pepper
1 tsp Ginger
3 tbsp grated or chopped Coconut
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep-frying
• Soak Urad dal and rice over night in separate containers
• Grind the dal and rice separately
• Mix the two pastes. Add pepper, ginger, coconut and salt
• 4. Heat 2 1/2 cups of Oil in a deep Kadai. The temperature of the oil should be medium and constant and should not be high .
• Now grease your hand with a little water and then take little batter in your palm with the same hand thumb make a hole in the centre and slowly carefully push the batter into the hot oil.
• Again repeat the procedure. Your hand should be moist enough so that the batter smoothly slips into the hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown. . Serve hot with Green Chutney or coconut chutney
Recipe by: Hazel Brown(Eastern Snap Your Dish Contestant, Aug13)
Like us: http://www.facebook.com/eastern.in